Tuesday 2 June 2015

Book Review : The DUFF



I’m Back!!!

Now I am back with a book review. I absolutely love reading and thought this was something interesting to write about since I love voicing my opinion!

I want to say straight off that yes, like a lot of others, I watched the film before I read the book. This is unusual for me as I strongly believe that the book should be read first but hey ho. Secondly I treat the film and the book as completely separate things, separate stories should I say.  In terms of the book, it has a lot more substance and plot than the film.

The basic plot of the book (without ruining anything), is that we have our main character Bianca who finds out from the ‘love interest’ Wesley that she is referred to as the DUFF, which stands for Designated Ugly Fat Friend. Bianca goes through journey of dealing with this label and how it translates into her love life and friendships, which makes for a compelling story. How I feel it differs from the film is that the film just focuses on the love life and barely touches on how it affects her friendship. The book deals with this perfectly in equal measures. It also tackles Bianca’s fairly difficult home life and how she deals with the strange relationship of her parents and how this can really change your life.

I feel I can really relate to the book as Bianca is incredibly warm and funny, she is easily relatable. She’s that kind of girl who either you are or is your best friend. I didn’t want to go to in-depth with what that plot because this book just has to be read.

(photo to come soon. stupid macbook)

Haley

xx

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaassss girl! Wanna watch this so bad!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yassssssss! read the book first they are completely different x

    ReplyDelete